Introducing this delicious Parsnip Mash Lentil Pie.
Firstly it’s incredibly easy to make and both gluten free & vegan!
Above all it’s super comforting and the perfect family friendly dinner everyone will totally fall in LOVE with!
Don’t like parsnips? Just follow the same steps with sweet potato or white potatoes!
I honestly think this will become your new warming winter weekly recipe.
What you’re going to love about this Lentil Pie:
- Extremely tasty
- Family friendly
- Gluten free & Vegan
Here are the key ingredients for this vegan lentil pie, available in most supermarkets.
The best part about this lentil pie is that you can use whatever vegetables you like or have!
Here is what veg I added to mine.
First of all, parsnip mash is super easy to make and it adds a real delicious comforting sweetness to this Vegan Pie.
It couldn’t be easier to make either!
If you don’t like parsnips then just follow the same steps with white/sweet potatoes.
The lentil mixture contains decent protein and is also packed full of veg.
As a result, it’s the perfect way of upping yours or your kids veg consumption.
Due to combining tamari and vegan gravy granules into the lentils, the flavour is so deep and warming.
Hence it has a “meaty” texture and flavour, great for those who are vegan or trying to eat more healthy plant-based dinners.
Consequently if you’re trying out Meat Free Monday or Veganuary this recipe is a must try!
Simply add it to a large baking dish and top with that creamy vegan parsnip mash and it’s ready to bake for 30 minutes!
As a result it comes out the oven all golden, crispy and smelling incredibly good!
Serve this up in the middle of the family table and you’ll be very popular.
IF YOU TRY THIS PARSNIP MASH LENTIL PIE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, if you’re hosting family/friends and want to wow them with a delicious plant-based recipe then this is the one to try!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Parsnip Mash Lentil Pie
- 3 large parsnips roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Generous Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion roughly diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp vegan gravy (make sure it's gluten free)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 400g cans of cooked lentils drained & rinsed
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can sweetcorn
- handful spinach
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Roughly chop the parsnips and place in a pot with water and bring to a boil
- Meanwhile heat a large pot with olive oil, add in the 1 onion, 2 garlic, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1 tbsp oregano and 3 bay leaves
- Now add 2 tbsp tamari, 2 tbsp vegan gravy, 2 cans lentils, 1 can tomatoes and mix
- Add the veg you selected and mix, cook together until the parsnips have finished boiling
- Drain the parsnips, place back into the pot they boiled in and add 2 tbsp vegan butter along with a generous pinch of salt & pepper and roughly mash
- Add all the lentil pie mixture to a large baking dish and simply top with the parsnip mash
- Finally place in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes