These Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes are really simple to make using just 5 ingredients, plus they can be made in under 15 minutes. The sweet chilli takes these salmon fishcakes to the next level and you won’t look back! If you’ve got some sweet chilli sauce hiding in the fridge, give these a go!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy!
Why this recipe works
As you might have guessed, this recipe was inspired by some left over sweet chilli sauce, however if sweet chilli sauce isn’t your thing, give my BBQ Salmon Burgers a go, these are also super simple, delicious and easy to make using just 6 ingredients…plus, either recipe goes really well with my Creamy Courgetti Salad. Or if you have an air fryer and just want a quick and easy salmon marinade then try my Easy Air Fryer Salmon recipe.
Ingredients to make Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes
- Salmon – is a great fish to use for fishcakes and packed full of flavour.
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – this is the hero ingredient in the recipe because the sweet chilli sauces takes these salmon fish cakes to the next level, trust me!
- Oats – these help to bind the fishcakes together.
- Lemon – adds the perfect amount of acidity and also really compliments the salmon.
- Coriander – pairs really well with the sweet chilli sauce and adds to the overall flavour.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Lemon – you could substitute lemon and use lime if you preferred.
- Coriander – if coriander isn’t your vibe, you could also make these Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes using parsley or dill instead.
- Oats – if you don’t have access to oats, you could also make this recipe using breadcrumbs.
- Spicy – if you wanted to add some extra heat to these salmon fishcakes, you could also add some additional chilli flakes into the recipe.
- Deluxe – if you wanted to take this recipe to the next level, I would serve this with a fresh green salad, new potatoes or even spicy potato wedges!
- Bun – additionally, another variation of these Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes would be to add a bun and some fresh lettuce to create Sweet Chilli Salmon Burgers!
If you’re looking for more healthy salmon recipes then try my Simple Salmon Pie.
How to make sweet chilli salmon fishcakes
Step 1: Firstly, remove the skin from the salmon and then cut it into chunks.
Step 2: In a food processor, add the salmon, sweet chilli sauce, oats, lemon juice and coriander.
Step 3: Once all the ingredients are added, pulse for a few seconds until combined.
Hint: Be cautious not to over-blend as this will mean the fishcakes loose their texture.
Step 4: Create patty-like shapes with the mixture.
Step 5: To cook these Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes you can either:
1. Fry on a low temperature for 3 minutes each side
2. Air-fry for 8 minutes at 200C / 390F
3. Bake on a baking tray for 12 minutes at 200C / 390F.
Leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, you could also freeze these Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes once cooked (just allow to cool completely). They’d be great option to have as an easy, nutritious meal when the fridge is looking bare!
You can choose from a variety of cooking methods. You could lightly BBQ or fry for 3 minutes each side, however you could also bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 200C/390F or additionally, you could even air-fry for 8 minutes at 205C/400F!
You can use standard rolled oats or breadcrumbs.
No, this recipe only works well with salmon as it binds better and forms a better texture when cooked.
Fear not, if you don’t like coriander then you can use parsley or dill instead.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Sweet Chilli Salmon Fishcakes
- Chopping Board
- food processor
- baking tray/frying Pan/air-fryer Depending on how you wish to cook
- 500 g salmon
- 3 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 40 g oats I use gluten free
- 1 handful coriander optional
- Firstly, remove the skin from the salmon and cut into chunks
- In a food processor, add the salmon, sweet chilli sauce, oats, lemon juice, coriander and pulse for a few seconds (don't over blend)
- Create patty-like shapes with the mixture
- To cook you can choose a variety of ways, you can either: a. fry on a low temperature in a non-stick pan for 3 minutes each side b. bake at 200C/390F for 12 minutesc. air-fry for 8 minutes at 200C/390F
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate