Introducing this delicious Cod & Cauliflower Curry!
Tender chunks of cod and cauliflower florets in a mildly spiced curry sauce – why not try it for dinner tonight? The perfect alternative to a take-away!
This delicious fish curry is ready to eat in just 30 minutes with only 10 minutes of prep.
Made in one pot, it serves 4 for under £10 and can be served with your favourite rice, my easy naan bread Best Gluten-Free Naan Bread or quinoa.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS COD & CAULIFLOWER CURRY
Gluten & Dairy Free
Using these ingredients you’ll either have already or can easily get from most supermarkets.
This cod curry is packed with flavour from the aromatic ginger and garlic and the blend of spices – paprika, ground coriander, turmeric, fennel seeds and chilli flakes.
Easy swaps to try:
- Use salmon, haddock or prawns instead of the cod
- Try broccoli instead of the cauliflower
- Nut allergy? Leave the peanut butter out
- Make it vegan – swap the cod for tofu or just have the cauliflower
- For a smooth sauce use passata instead of chopped tomatoes and use smooth peanut butter
Firstly, make the curry sauce – cook the onion, garlic, ginger and spices.
Add the lime juice, coconut milk, chopped tomatoes and peanut butter.
Meanwhile, stir in the bite-sized cauliflower florets and simmer for 10 minutes.
Eventually add in the cubes of cod, cover and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
If you’re using spinach, stir this in with the cod, too.
Despite this sauce being dairy-free, it has such a rich and creamy texture making it extremely comforting.
I like to serve the curry sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander and lime wedges, to squeeze over, for an extra zingy flavour!
SO IF YOU TRY THIS COD & CAULIFLOWER CURRY LET ME KNOW!
If you have any curry left over, set it aside to cool, then pop it into an airtight lidded container and store in the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat thoroughly to serve.
Serve the curry with rice or for the perfect home-made side dish, why not try my Best Gluten-Free Naan Bread?
They are super easy to make, with just 3 ingredients and are ready in 10 minutes plus they are dairy-free and vegan.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Cod & Cauliflower Curry
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 thumb fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- juice of 1 lime
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ can water
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 250 g cod, cubed
- handful of spinach (optional)
- salt and pepper
- lime wedges and chopped fresh coriander, to serve (optional)
- Firstly prepare your red onion, garlic and ginger
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and all the spices to a pan with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile prepare your cauliflower by chopping it into bite-sized florets
- Now add the juice of 1 lime, 1 can coconut milk, 1 can chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup of water (use the tomato tin to measure it out) 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter and stir
- Now add your cauliflower florets, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes
- Chop your cod into cubes and add to the curry along with spinach, if using, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve with lime wedges and chopped coriander, if liked, and with rice, naan breads or quinoa or enjoy on its own!