Introducing the BEST Gluten Free & Vegan Cauliflower Cheese on the internet!
Strong statement I know!! It’s a recipe I have been struggling with for 2 years but I have finally nailed it.
I just don’t see how anyone can top this recipe!
It’s incredibly simple to make, full of flavour and will totally impress your family/friends.
So if you yourself are gluten free, dairy free or vegan or hosting a guest this Christmas who is then this is the perfect side to impress.
It’s so rich in flavour I don’t think anyone will notice that it’s totally dairy and cheese free.
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS CAULIFLOWER CHEESE:
- Super Easy
- Extremely tasty
- Simple Ingredients
- Family friendly
- Gluten & Vegan
Using these simple ingredients available in most supermarkets.
I simply slice the cauliflower into 4 chunks ready for boiling.
Yes I keep the leaves and core on and here’s a few reasons why
- Reduces food waste
- Adds texture and flavour
- Increased nutrients
- Brings colour and makes it stand out
- Speeds up the recipe
That’s a win all round!
Due to having to make my own “cheesy” sauce it’s taken me a while to master this recipe.
This sauce could be used in other recipes too such as pasta!
It’s creamy and so tasty without actually using any cheese.
If you suffer with a dairy allergy like myself then you have probably missed a good cauliflower cheese.
Whether it be over Christmas or even your weekly Sunday roast.
Well this is the BEST dairy free cauliflower cheese out there!
As a result it comes out the oven bubbling just like real cheese.
The golden baked colour and smell will make your guests drool!
IF YOU TRY THE BEST VEGAN CAULIFLOWER CHEESE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
It’s totally making it onto our Christmas dinner table this year!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Best Vegan Cauliflower Cheese
- 1 cauliflower
- 50 g cashews soaked for 5 minutes in hot water
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk (I use rude health as it's quite thin)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Slice the cauliflower into large quarters, no need to remove the leaves or core (reduces food waste and it adds texture and flavour)
- Place the cauliflower into boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile soak the 50g cashews in hot water for 5 minutes
- Drain the cashews, add to a blender cup along with 200ml almond milk, 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Drain the cauliflower and place into a baking dish or skillet pan
- Pour over the cheesy sauce and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200C until golden