Introducing the tastiest Vegan & Gluten Free Mac and Cheese!!
It’s incredibly simple to make, full of flavour and will totally impress your family/friends.
The perfect comfort food for a quiet night in or for wowing some guests.
And if you’re taking part in Veganuary then this recipe is a must try!
It’s creamy, rich, cheesy, delicious and extremely comforting just what a Mac & Cheese should be.
I don’t think anyone will notice that it’s totally dairy free.
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS MAC & CHEESE:
- Super Easy
- Extremely tasty
- Simple Ingredients
- Family friendly
- Gluten & Vegan
Using these simple ingredients available in most supermarkets.
This homemade “cheesy” vegan sauce is extremely quick and simple to knock together and works so well.
No actual cheese goes into the sauce but it totally tastes cheesy once baked.
I use gluten free macaroni for this recipe but you can basically use whatever pasta you have or can get hold of.
Penne would also work really well.
Pouring over the rich, creamy homemade vegan white sauce onto the macaroni.
You could totally dive in right now 🙂
As an optional extra you can top it with grated vegan cheese before placing in the oven to bake.
How good does this look straight out the oven!!
Serve it up to the table with a side salad and I promise this will be a crowd total pleaser.
IF YOU TRY THIS VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 400 g gluten free macaroni (or any pasta works)
- 100 g cashews soaked in warm water
- 300 ml unsweetened almond milk try to use a thin texture one
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Large pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Boil your pasta as per packet instructions (I aim to cook it al dente)
- Meanwhile place your 100g cashews into a blender cup and cover with hot water for 5 minutes
- Drain the cashews, add in the 300ml milk, 6 tbsp nutritional yeast, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil and large pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Drain the pasta and add to a skillet pan or baking dish and pour over the sauce and mix in (additionally you can top with vegan grated cheese if you wish which is what I have done)
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C
- Serve with fresh parsley and a side salad
Likewise, if you love this sauce then I highly recommend trying my similar recipe for the Best Vegan Cauliflower Cheese