Delicious and incredibly simple one-pot Butternut Squash Tagine.
Packed full of colour, flavour and veggies this is the perfect comforting dinner to share with family and friends. It will only cost around £5 to make and easily serves 4-5 people.
You’re going to absolutely love this Tagine, it’s:
- Ready in 35 mins
- Gluten free & Vegan
All you need to make this Tagine are these simple ingredients you can get from any supermarket.
One-pot curries are some of my absolute favourite meals to cook, especially during the Autumn or winter months.
This Tagine is so quick and simple to make, all you need to do is add the ingredients into a pot and let it cook.
It will easily serve 4-5 people and will store in the fridge for 2-3 days perfect for lunch leftovers or can be frozen to have on another day.
The great thing about versatile dishes like this is that you can swap the vegetables or add extras if you wish. For example you could swap the butternut squash for sweet potato.
The base of this Tagine is vegan but you could always add extra protein if you wanted such as tofu, chicken or prawns.
I love to serve mine with brown rice or quinoa.
If you try this Butternut Squash Tagine let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
There is such a great balance of sweetness coming from the apricots and squash to the spices of chilli, paprika and cayenne. You can also really taste the fennel which transforms the flavour.
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Give it a try, I think you will be surprised the flavour this vegan Tagine packs.
Butternut Squash Tagine
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- Thumb size piece ginger diced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp five spice
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 75 g dried apricots I use unsulphered
- 1 pepper sliced
- 1 courgette chopped into halves
- 400 g can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 small butternut squash roughly 1kg
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 600 ml veg stock
- To a large pot add oil, onion, garlic and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cook down on a medium heat for a couple minutes
- Now add all the spices, ginger, pepper, courgette, apricots, chickpeas and cook together for a couple minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and butternut squash and stir
- Cook on a medium heat for roughly 20-25 minutes
TIP: You could always add tofu, chicken or prawns to this if you wish
Fancy another warming curry that only takes 10 minutes? Try my Chickpea & Spinach Curry