This delicious and simple 3 ingredient Gluten Free Flatbread is also vegan! It is so easy to make and ready in only 10 minutes! In addition, they are super versatile and can be used in so many different ways.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
Because they are so versatile, gluten free flatbreads are great for any time of year! There are so many different food options to enjoy them with! Have it alongside a salad in the summer or some soup in the winter. Enjoy it with my Jackfruit Gyros or with some curry!
This quick flatbread recipe really couldn’t be easier! You may be hesitant when you see yoghurt as an ingredient, but yoghurt flatbreads are so perfectly soft and delicious!
Ingredients to make Gluten Free Flatbread
- Gluten Free Self Raising Flour – is easily found at your local, larger grocery store. If you have some leftover then try baking my Gluten Free Doughnuts.
- Coconut Yoghurt – is the hero ingredient in this recipe! It has a nice flavour and is my favourite vegan option for this gluten free flatbread recipe. Have any spare try making my Potato Salad With Yoghurt.
- Olive Oil – gives a nice flavour and a softer texture.
- Pinch Salt – is optional, but I recommend it for the flavour it gives.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Gluten Free Self Raising Flour – If you aren’t gluten-free, regular self-raising flour will work great. If you don’t have self-raising flour, you can make your own by adding baking powder and a bit of salt to plain flour.
- Coconut Yoghurt – other plain yoghurts, such as soya or Greek yoghurt, will work well for this recipe.
- Olive Oil – Any oil should work great! I would recommend sticking to a more neutral flavour.
- Spicy – You can use chili-infused oil, add chilli flakes to the bread, or top it with some chillis for a nice spice.
- Deluxe – There are a lot of ways to make this delicious flatbread deluxe! You could add crushed garlic, vegan grated cheese, or a favourite herb to the dough. Swap the oil for a garlic or chilli-infused oil for a nice taste. One way to really level it up is with what you put on top. Try my Chickpea Tuna Salad, for instance!
- Kid friendly – One of my favourite ways to make this kid-friendly is to use it as a flatbread pizza base! Put my Homemade Pizza Sauce on top and let them enjoy!
See this Easy Gluten Free Focaccia version of this recipe on my website!
How to make Gluten Free Flatbread
Step 1: Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix the ingredients using a spatula or your hand.
Step 4: Flour your work surface. Pat the dough ball down with your hands into the shape and thickness you want.
Step 5: Carefully place onto a pre-heated griddle pan on cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Hint: Use a spatula or be very careful when moving the flatbread from the flour surface to the griddle.
This flatbread is best when served immediately. If you do have leftovers, you could store them in an air tight container for up to two days at room temperature. Re-heat by quickly dry frying them in a frying pan.
There could be a few reasons for this. Make sure that you roll the dough thin enough. I recommend about 1cm thick. Also, be sure that your pan is hot enough to cook it through.
Yes! They may be a little flatter, but they will still be delicious. You can also add a little baking powder and salt to help it rise.
Keep it simple! My Gluten Free Flatbread has turned many people away from other recipes and they no longer buy store-bought gf bread – plus it’s only 3 ingredients!
Traditionally, it is not. It still uses flour, despite being less puffy than other breads. It is totally possible to make flatbread gluten free, however! I use gluten free flour, yoghurt, and oil for some delicious gluten-free flatbread.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Gluten Free Flatbread recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Gluten Free Flatbread
- 85 g gluten free self raising flour
- 65 g coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch salt optional
- Add the flour, yoghurt, olive oil and pinch salt (optional) to a mixing bowl
- Mix together with a spatula or by hand
- Make it into a ball shape
- Flour a work surface and pat the dough ball down with your hands into the shape you want. I am for roughly 1cm thick (it can be delicate so be careful or pick it up with a spatula)
- Place onto the pre-heated griddle pan and cook on each side for 2 minutes
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate