Introducing this super easy-to-make Gluten Free Pizza base! This Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza Crust honestly couldn’t be any easier to make! Zero faffing, no kneading, 25g protein per base and it’s ready for topping in just 10 minutes! And best of all it uses only 3 simple ingredients.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
This gluten free pizza crust is a recipe I usually make once a week and is totally our go-to quick pizza base recipe. As you all know, pizza is good at any time of the year, so this recipe is an excellent one to keep on hand! It comes out of the oven smelling amazing AND doesn’t fall apart when you pick up a slice! And, at least for a pizza, it’s healthy!
With 25g of protein per pizza base these are a a high protein pizza base recipe that are quick and easy to make! If you want a high protein breakfast recipe then try my Protein Overnight Oats.
They’re also a brilliant alternative to cauliflower crust pizza bases that take a lot more time to prepare.
This was inspired by my Easy Gluten Free Focaccia, and pairs well with my amazing Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe. If you’re looking for a delicious flatbread then check out my 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Flatbread recipe.
Ingredients to make Gluten Free Pizza
- Chickpea Flour – makes this a high protein pizza with 25g protein per base. You may not have heard of chickpea flour, but you can find it in most supermarkets. It’s usually found in the world food section. The other names it goes by are “Gram Flour” or “Besan Flour”. And it’s naturally gluten-free! I also use it to help bind my Vegan Fishcakes.
- Water – Mixes with the flour to create the dough recipe.
- Salt – Enhances the flavours.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Chickpea Flour – While chickpea flour is my preferred flour for this, buckwheat flour should also work. You may need to play with the ratios to reach the right consistency.
- Spicy – For a nice spicy pizza, top with jalapenos, spicy vegan sausage, pepperoncini, and red pepper flakes.
- Deluxe – The sky is the limit when it comes to making an amazing pizza! Consider your favourite veggies, cheeses, sauces, and meats or meat substitutes.
- Kid friendly – Many kids are fans of a basic cheese pizza.This gluten free pizza base is perfect for everyone. To really make it fun, let your kids decorate their own pizza!
For another great sauce to put on your Chickpea Pizza Crust, see this Vegan White Sauce recipe on my website!
How to make Gluten Free Pizza
Step 1: Heat a large pan with oil until very hot.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpea flour and salt. Slowly mix in the water until it is all combined.
Step 2: Pour half of the mix into the pan and tilt the pan until it is covered.
Step 3: After a few minutes, carefully turn over the base and fry for another few minutes.
Step 4: Repeat with the other half of the mix and enjoy!
Hint: The mixture should be about the thickness of a crepe or pancake.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. You could also freeze the bases after frying. Allow to cool and freeze flat separately. Defrost at room temperature and top with pizza toppings before baking.
Many pizza restaurants including Dominos, Pizza Hut, and California Pizza Kitchen offer gluten-free crusts. If you have Celiac Disease, you need to be sure that they are prepared in such a way that there is no cross-contamination. Buying a gluten-free frozen pizza, such as the Oggi brand, is likely a safer choice. Or even better, you can make your own no knead pizza dough at home with my easy recipe! And it’s a much better price than going out!
Most gluten free pizzas will either use a substituted flour or have a cauliflower crust. I prefer to make a Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust. It’s incredibly simple with just 3 ingredients!
It absolutely can! My crust mix is super easy to make and so delicious! It makes a nice, thin crust that is the perfect base for your pizza!
The sky is the limit! I love to use my homemade pizza sauce, vegan cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, rocket, and basil.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Gluten Free Pizza recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Gluten Free Pizza Base
- 225 g Chickpea Flour (AKA gram or besan flour)
- 310 ml Water
- Pinch Salt
- 2 servings Homemade Pizza Sauce (optional)
- To a large mixing bowl add the 225g chickpea flour, pinch salt and slowly mix in the 310ml water until well combined.
- Now heat a large pan with oil until very hot. Pour half the mix into the pan and tilt until the whole pan is covered.
- After a few minutes, turn the base over (be careful) and fry for a further few minutes.
- That's it your base is ready for topping, try topping with my simple homemade pizza sauce recipe.
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate