This superfood bread is naturally gluten free, vegan and really simple to make. I rarely ever eat bread anymore as most of the gluten free bread on the market has egg in it or just isn’t very healthy. This is the perfect alternative for you to make with ease at home. It will last for roughly 3 to 4 days when wrapped up.
Prep: 15 mins (10 mins of that is allowing it to set)
Cooking: 45 mins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup buckwheat flour or brown rice flour
- 2 cups cold water
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Add the walnuts, pumpkin seeds, psyllium husk, chia seeds, flax seeds and oregano to the blender. Whiz into fine crumbs (takes around 45 seconds in my processor).
- Now add the flour and blend again for roughly 10 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the mix into a large bowl adding the water, salt & pepper.
- Hand mix thoroughly and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Line a bread baking tin with baking paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Simply place the mix into the baking tray, pressing down flat and fairly low (I aim for roughly 4cm thick).
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
Tip: You can let your imagination go wild with the toppings for this. It is great for lunch with some smashed avocados on top. It is also perfect for dipping into soup etc.