Introducing my 10 Minute Creamy Tomato Soup! It’s got to be the easiest tomato soup you’ll ever make.
From start to finish it takes just 10 minutes and it’s so full of flavour, anyone would think you’d spent hours roasting tomatoes.
And if you’re working from home right now, it makes the perfect go to quick lunch or light dinner.
It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS 10 MINUTE CREAMY TOMATO SOUP:
- 6 ingredients
- Ready in just 10 minutes
Freeze for another day
Vegan and gluten-free
Using these 6 ingredients you’ll either have or can get from any supermarket.
This deliciously flavour-packed soup is made with only 6 ingredients (plus olive oil and salt & pepper) – and you’ll probably have most of them in your cupboard already. It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner when you’re short on time.
Don’t have or can’t get?
Tomato passata: Swap for 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
Coconut yoghurt: Swap for other yoghurt or soya cream or you can leave it out
It’s a simple one-pot creamy soup that’s totally dairy-free and vegan and amazingly is ready in just 10 minutes! First, gently fry the sliced red onion, garlic and basil, stirring until the onion softens. If you don’t have dried basil try dried oregano or dried marjoram instead.
Add the passata, stock powder and yoghurt and cook for a few minutes to allow the flavours to develop. You’ll be surprised at the rich depth of flavour after such a short cooking time – it tastes like tomatoes that have been slow-roasted for hours!
The soup can be left either chunky or if you prefer a smoother texture simply whizz it. It’s great for batch cooking (why not double the quantities?) and any left over can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days or frozen (to serve, just defrost and reheat until piping hot).
SO IF YOU TRY THIS 10 MINUTE CREAMY TOMATO SOUP LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames. I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
For a finishing touch serve the soup with home-made gluten-free croutons – chop leftover or stale gluten-free bread into cubes and fry in olive oil until crispy. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the soup.
If you have any fresh herbs, chop and sprinkle them over the soup – I like basil or oregano but chives, flat-leaf parsley or coriander all work well. A final swirl of yoghurt looks great and adds an extra creamy flavour, if you fancy it, too.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
10 Minute Creamy Tomato Soup
- glug olive oil
- 1 red onion roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves roughly sliced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 690 g jar tomato passata (or swap for 2 x cans chopped tomatoes)
- 1 heaped tsp veg stock powder (or 1/2 veg stock cube)
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt (swap for other yoghurt or leave it out)
- First slice your onion and garlic
- Heat your pan on a medium heat, add in a glug of olive oil, the chopped onion and garlic along with 1 tbsp dried basil and fry until the onion softens (2 minutes)
- Now pour in your passata, 1 heaped tsp veg stock powder and 2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt and stir
- Simmer for a few minutes so the flavours combine
- If you prefer a chunkier texture, the soup is ready. For a smooth soup, whizz with a hand blender or transfer to large food blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste!