This 10 Minute Creamy Tomato Soup will be the easiest and fastest tomato soup you’ve ever made! Packed full of flavour, using only 6 ingredients, from start to finish this Creamy Tomato Soup takes just 10 minutes to make!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy!
Why this recipe works
This deliciously flavour-packed creamy tomato soup is vegan, gluten free and dairy free! Plus, you’ll probably have most of the ingredients to make it in your cupboard already. It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner when you’re short on time, or it can also be made and frozen ahead for another day!
I was inspired to create this recipe as my Pea & Ginger Cup of Soup was so popular. However, I wanted to create a quick and creamy soup, that is also dairy free with minimal effort. If you’ve got a little more time on your hands, then definitely check out my Roasted Tomato Soup.
- Tomato passata – is rich and intense and also add additional depth and body to the Creamy Tomato Soup.
- Vegetable stock powder – this adds concentrated flavour and really enhances the recipe.
- Onion – I’ve used a red onion here, however you could use a white onion if you preferred.
- Garlic – adding garlic offers a gentle spice and adds flavour.
- Coconut yoghurt – this makes the vegan tomato soup creamy and adds some contrasts against the acidity of the tomato passata.
- Dried basil – is the perfect pairing herb for tomato. Basil brings freshness and is a great balance between the sweet and savoury flavours in the Creamy Tomato Soup.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Basil – you could substituted basil for oregano or dried marjoram instead.
- Tomato passata – If you don’t have any passata lurking in your cupboards, you could use 2 cans of chopped tomatoes instead.
- Coconut yoghurt – you could substitute this for cream. I use soya cream as I am dairy free, however standard single or double cream would also work well too.
- Deluxe – there are many ways you could take this Vegan Tomato Soup to the next level. For a finishing touch, serve the soup with home-made gluten-free croutons. To make these, chop leftover or stale gluten-free bread into cubes and fry in olive oil until crispy. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the soup. Alternatively, if you If you have any fresh herbs, these look great chopped and sprinkled them over the soup – I like basil or oregano but chives, flat-leaf parsley or coriander all work well. Finally, a swirl of yoghurt looks great and adds an extra creamy flavour!
- Kid Friendly – this is a great kid-friendly recipe, if you wanted to try and get some extra nutrients into them, this Creamy Tomato Soup goes really well with my Superfood Bread!
- Spicy – If you love spice, adding some chilli flakes into this recipe really gives it a kick!
Step 1: Firstly, heat a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and gently fry; sliced red onion, finely diced garlic, basil and vegetable stock powder together until the onions have softened.
Step 2: Once the onions have softened, add the passata and coconut yoghurt and simmer for around 2-3 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
This is a great recipe for batch cooking, the quantities could even doubled for batch cooking and any leftovers could be stored in the fridge in an air tight container for a few days. You could also freeze this recipe – to serve, just defrost and reheat until piping hot!
Leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This recipe could also be frozen – to serve, just defrost and reheat until piping hot!
Fear not! You could substitute the passata for 2 cans of chopped tomatoes.
If you prefer a chunkier texture, the soup is ready. For a smooth soup, whizz with a hand blender or transfer to large food blender and blend until smooth.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this 10 Minute Creamy Tomato Soup recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
10 Minute Creamy Tomato Soup
- Chopping Board
- large non stick frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 690 g jar tomato passata
- 1 heaped tsp veg stock powder
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt
- First slice your onion and garlic
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and add; chopped onions, garlic, basil and vegetable stock powder and fry until the onion softens
- Now pour in your passata and stir though the coconut yoghurt. Simmer for around 2-3 minutes to allow the flavours to combine
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate