Carrot & Coriander has to be one of my all time favourite flavoured soup! Most of the soup that you can buy are full of preservatives, dairy, sugar etc etc This version is extremely simple to make and is absolutely packed full of flavour with only 7 healthy ingredients that you should already have in your kitchen!
As the weather seems so depressing a the moment I thought now was a great time to share my recipe.
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red onions or 1 large, diced
- 1kg carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 litre veg stock (good quality)
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaf
- handful fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Place a large pan on a low/medium heat with the olive oil and crushed garlic until it’s sizzling
- Dice the red onion and add to the pan along with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Meanwhile roughly chop the carrots (I use organic so don’t bother peeling) and add straight to the pan along with the teaspoon of dried coriander, a pinch of salt & pepper and cook down for 5 minutes
- Add 1 litre of veg stock and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes making sure to place the lid back on the pan
- Simply add the handful of fresh coriander (you can add more to your taste) with the stalks and hand blend or place in a blender/processor
- It’s now ready to serve
Tip: I like to top mine with fresh coriander, a pinch of black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Creating this soup? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW.