A comforting Pea & Ginger Cup of Soup that is extremely simple and quick to make with only 6 ingredients that you will most likely already have at home!
You will need a blender or hand blender for this recipe.
Portion: 3-4 cups
Prep: 1 min
Cooking: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, roughly diced
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 750ml veg stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Place your kettle on to boil
- Roughly chop the onion and ginger
- To a large pot add the olive oil and crushed garlic on a medium heat until the garlic is sizzling
- Add the red onion, ginger, frozen peas and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Allow these to fry together for a couple minutes
- Add the stock and boil for 5 minutes
- Finally add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. You can also hand blend it if you wish
Tip: You can add some chilli flakes into the mix if you fancy adding a little more spice!
Fancy some pumpkin, squash and coconut soup instead? Try mine here
Creating this soup? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW