This tasty ramen is incredibly simple to make, roughly taking 10 minutes and it is absolutely packed full of colour and flavour.
Ramen is a such a comforting bowl to make during this time of year and when it is this easy and cheap to make then why not!
Check the tips at the bottom for what else you could add with it or how you can even prep this the night before and take to work.
Prep: 2 mins
Cooking: 8 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 thumb sized piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 400ml veg stock (good quality)
- 3 broccoli florets, sliced in halves
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled lengthways
- 50g fine rice/glass noodles (I use Vermicelli)
- 1 tsp tamari (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 bok/pak choy
- Handful fresh parsley (optional)
- Red chilli, sliced (optional)
- Pinch of sesame seeds (optional)
- Firstly prepare the veg as instructed above
- Heat a small pot on a medium heat with the olive oil, red onion, crushed garlic, ginger and a pinch of black pepper for 1 minute until sizzling
- Pour in the veg stock then add the broccoli, mushrooms, carrot and bring to a boil for a couple minutes
- Add the noodles, tamari (optional), lime juice and stir. Boil for a further minute
- Now turn off the heat and add the bok/pak choy and place the lid on the pot and let sit for a couple minutes (this steams the bok/pak choy)
- Simply pour the soup into a deep bowl and side with fresh parsley, fresh lime and top with sliced chilli and sesame seeds.
Tip: You can add tofu, chicken or prawns to this if you wish (just cook separately and add at the end)
Tip: You could easily prep this and store in a large glass jar overnight in the fridge to take to work the next day. Just reheat it in a microwave!
Like these types of dishes? Try my Wok Fried Noodle Bowl
Creating this ramen? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW