A delicious veg packed Vegan Thai Tofu Curry that you can make in one-pot in around 20 minutes.
Packed full of colour, flavour and veggies this is the perfect comforting dinner to share with family and friends. It will feed 4 for well under £10 and is extremely easy to make.
You’re going to absolutely love this Thai Tofu Curry as it’s:
- Ready in 20 mins
- Gluten free & Vegan
All you need to make this Thai Tofu Curry are these simple ingredients you can get from most supermarkets.
The great thing about this type of Thai curry is you don’t need to spend time making a curry paste, and you can adjust ingredients to suit what you have.
Try to keep the spices, onion, ginger, Tamari in there but you can swap and change the veg to use what you have or what you prefer.
Making a swap from soy sauce to Tamari helps to also make this curry gluten free so it’s a safe for anyone who avoids gluten.
Using coconut milk keeps it dairy free so perfect for those who are plant-based/vegan or just have a dairy allergy.
It’s a complete free-from winner and safe for many food allergy sufferers.
You can easily swap the Tofu for other protein sources if you wish such as chicken/prawns or just completely leave out the tofu if you try to avoid soy.
It’s such a comforting great looking one-pot healthy dinner that you can wow your friends or family members with.
Serve this in a pot in the middle of the table with some brown rice and you’ll definitely impress your guests.
It’s also the perfect recipe for those trying Veganuary and have never tried tofu before. Tofu can be very bland when on it’s own but when you cook it in a curry sauce is absorbs some of that flavour and can be very tasty.
If you try this Thai Tofu Curry let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Have leftovers? Don’t worry this tastes even BETTER the next day so store it overnight in the fridge in a sealed container and take it to work the next day.
Have I made you drool yet?
If not here is another bowl just incase!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Thai Tofu Curry
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Thumb sized piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1 lemon grass stalk (prep instructions below)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
- 400 g firm tofu pressed and chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 400g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Handful fresh basil
- Handful mange tout
- Handful spinach
- Heat a pan with olive oil or coconut oil and add in the onion, garlic, ginger, spices, red chilli and the lemongrass (chop the ends off bash with the side of your knife and slice down the middle from top to bottom, this releases all the flavour) and fry together for a couple mins
- Now add the chopped tofu, broccoli, pepper and fry for a further minute
- Add the chickpeas, coconut milk and Tamari and stir. Allow this to cook on a medium heat for around 8-10 minutes
- Finally add the basil, mange tout and spinach to wilt down and it’s ready to serve (remove the lemon grass stalk before serving)
Want an even faster curry? Try my 10 minute Chickpea & Spinach Curry