This incredibly simple Veggie Thai Green Curry is the perfect dinner to warm you up throughout the autumn and winter.
Using a couple allergy friendly alternatives means that this curry is completely gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!
You guys are going to fall in LOVE with this curry! It is:
- Under £10
- Perfectly spicy
- & far healthier than a takeaway
Best part is it’s absolutely rammed full of flavour! Using all these colourful green veg it’s a great meal for helping you to up your daily vegetable intake!
You will need a food processor for this recipe to create the delicious free-from thai green sauce.
Coconut milk keeps this curry vegan and dairy free but also helps the food processor to create your own homemade thai green sauce.
Using simple ingredients this sauce is far healthier than any shop bought sauce which is loaded with unwanted sugars and preservatives.
If you try this Veggie Thai Green Curry let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
This vegetarian curry is fabulous when you’re craving Thai inspired food that’s quick and hearty. It’s the perfect home inspired “fakeaway” costing less than £10 to feed 4 that is also nutrient packed and actually good for you!
Due to it being so satisfying and flavourful, it would be especially good when hosting as it’s sure to please everyone.
The other AMAZING thing about a healthy curry recipe like this is that you can add different veg or extra protein sources if you wish. Chicken or prawns would work really well with this creamy thai curry!
Serve with brown rice, but quinoa or noodles would work really well to!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE! GET MORE HEALTHY RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX WEEKLY– SUBSCRIBE HERE + RECEIVE A FREE 15 RECIPE EBOOK!
Veggie Thai Green Curry
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks finely diced
- 1 green chilli
- 1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger chopped
- 1 lime zest & juice
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Handful fresh basil
- Handful fresh coriander including stalks
- 1 can coconut milk
- Handful spinach
- 3 green peppers roughly sliced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 150 g mange tout
- 1 courgette chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- First off start by making the Thai green sauce. To a large blender add 1 green chopped pepper, garlic cloves, red onion, lemongrass, green chilli, fresh ginger, ground coriander, paprika, lime zest + juice, fresh basil and coriander, spinach, coconut milk and a generous pinch of salt & pepper and blend full power for a couple minutes
- Meanwhile prep the broccoli, 2 green peppers, mange route and courgette as per instructed in the ingredients
- Heat a wok with 2 tbsp coconut oil and 2 tbsp tamari. Once melted add the veg you just prepared and fry for a couple minutes
- Now add the sauce to the wok along with 1/2 cup warm water and mix
- Bring to a boil and leave on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the broccoli has started to soften
Short for time but fancy a comforting curry? Try my very popular 10 Minute Chickpea & Spinach Curry