Delicious roasted sprouts side dish that will bring some serious colour and flavour to your Christmas table this year!
I find roasted sprouts taste so different to completely over-boiled sprouts that most are used to having!
Even if you don’t like sprouts then I think you will be surprised at these!
The sweetness from the maple syrup and oranges with the crunch from the pomegranate seeds and walnuts work so well together.
P.S I have created a special page for Christmas 2018 which will include my recipes perfect for the Christmas period!
If you try these Roasted Sprouts with Oranges & Walnuts let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Roasted Sprouts with Oranges & Walnuts
- 400-500 g brussel sprouts I used green and purple ones
- 2 oranges peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves skins removed
- Olive oil
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Handful walnuts slightly crushed
- Drizzle of maple syrup optional
- Handful of fresh rosemary and thyme finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Place your oven on 180C to heat up, drizzle 2-3 tbsp olive oil into your oven dish and place in the oven
- Meanwhile wash and prep the sprouts, I like to chop roughly half and leave the others whole. Then peel and chop the oranges and take the skin off the garlic cloves and give them a smack with the side of your knife to help release the flavour
- Once the oven is up to temperature remove the oven dish and place in the sprouts, oranges and garlic, they should start to sizzle from the dishes heat. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper then place in the oven for 15-18 minutes
- Remove from the oven adding the freshly finely chopped herbs, walnuts, pomegranate seeds along with a drizzle of maple syrup (optional) and mix before placing back in the oven for 5-10 mins depending on your preference
- Finally I like to top mine with fresh thyme and its ready to serve!
Tip: If you are tight for time on Christmas Day or your oven just isn’t big enough to cook everything, then simply prepare these the day before and store in your fridge inside a large container with a lid. Simply place them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving to warm up!
Tip: Ovens can differ quite a lot from each other, always keep and eye on them if your oven runs very hot as the time maybe faster for you!
Try these with my Rosemary Infused Roast Potatoes