Get ready for the fluffiest gluten free pancakes which can also be made vegan! Super easy to make with only 6 ingredients, these gf pancakes are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
Pancakes are one of those wonderful foods that are great year round! This gluten free pancake recipe is great for family gatherings, packing in the kids’ lunches, or prepping ahead for a quick breakfast!
These fluffy gluten free pancakes are light and airy without using gluten, dairy, eggs or refined sugar!
As many of you know, when making a gluten free pancake recipe without using egg, they can become quite thick and clunky. But don’t worry! I have found a way of making them light and airy and the perfect gluten free american pancakes.
If you’re looking for a recipe for gluten free pancakes to make every weekend, then you have come to the right place! These really are the best gluten free pancakes! You definitely need to give these a try and let me know how you get on with them in the comments below!
Ingredients to make Gluten Free Pancakes
- Self Raising Flour – I use gluten free, but regular would work just fine as well.
- Baking Powder – helps to make these pancakes super fluffy!
- Chia Seeds – add some great health benefits without affecting the flavour and also used as an egg replacer.
- Coconut Oil – added to the mix to help give a fluffiness.
- Maple Syrup – is a natural sweetener.
- Unsweetened Milk – I use almond milk, but any will do.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Self Raising Flour – If you only have regular flour, you can make your own with baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Coconut Oil – You can use another oil or butter to cook, but coconut oil gives a great flavour and texture.
- Syrup – Honey is another great natural sweetener.
- Deluxe – The best way to dress up these gluten free American pancakes is with the toppings! Fresh fruit, jellies, peanut butter, honey, maple or chocolate syrup, etc. are all great options!
- Kid friendly – You can’t get much more kid-friendly than pancakes! Let the kids help if they’d like as this is an easy recipe. You could also pour the batter onto a waffle iron instead.
How to make Gluten Free Pancakes
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients in the order listed and whisk until smooth. Allow the mix to sit for 3-5 minutes to thicken slightly.
Step 2: While waiting for it to thicken, heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat adding some coconut oil to melt.
Step 3: Pour the mix into the pan and make them as large as you wish. Fry for 60 seconds per side until lightly golden.
Hint: Pour the mix from a height to help the pancakes stay round.
Leftover pancakes can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, toaster, or enjoy cold. You can also freeze them for up to three months.
No need to pre-soak chia seeds! They absorb when mixing in the batter.
Preparing the batter ahead of time can cause it to get quite thick. You could try to loosen it with a splash more milk in the morning.
Freezing leftovers works really well. Freeze them in an airtight container or freezer bag. The night before you plan to eat them, take the frozen pancakes out of the freezer and place them in a container in the fridge. Then zap them in the microwave for around 30 seconds or throw them in the toaster.
My favourite toppings for pancakes are fruit, coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Gluten Free Pancakes recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Gluten Free Pancakes
- 200 g self raising flour (I use gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 250 ml unsweetened milk (I use almond)
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients in the order above and whisk until smooth. Allow the mix to sit for 3-5 minutes to thicken slightly
- Heat a non stick pan on a medium heat adding some coconut oil to melt
- Simply pour in the mix from a height (this helps to keep the pancakes stay round) you can make them as large as you wish. Fry on either side for 60 seconds, until lightly golden
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate