These Banana Bread Pancakes are a straight 10/10.
I have created these for Pancake Day 2020 BUT you can recreate and enjoy these at anytime!
They’re light, fluffy and totally delicious but still gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar free.
When making gluten-free pancakes without using egg they can become quite thick and clunky. But don’t worry I have found a way of making them light, airy and taste the real deal.
So here’s what you’re going to love about these Banana Pancakes:
- Super easy
- 6 ingredients
- 15 Minutes
- Gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free
Using these 6 ingredients you’ll probably have lying around in your kitchen:
And this pancake batter couldn’t be easier to make.
Literally adding the 6 simple ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
If you have kids, this is the perfect recipe to get them involved with.
They will totally love mixing the batter and eating them of course!
To make these pancakes dairy-free and vegan I use almond milk.
Now it’s ready to mix.
If you love chocolate, let’s be honest who doesn’t right?!
Try adding in chocolate chunks into the mix before frying the pancakes.
Totally optional but it will take these Banana Bread Pancakes to the next level.
Here’s a little tip to always create the same size pancakes.
Use a mug measurement to pour your batter into the pan.
I used a 1/3 cup measurement for these to make sure they were a consistent size (see below).
Once baked the chocolate just oozes out when you cut into them.
So fluffy and totally worthy of pancake day!
You’re totally drooling right now aren’t you?
Golden, crispy around the edges and oozing flavour, these gluten-free Pancakes won’t last long.
Being naturally sweetened with the banana’s and maple syrup meaning no white caster sugar is used.
Who can resist an extra drizzle of maple syrup over the top before serving.
SO IF YOU TRY THESE BANANA BREAD PANCAKES LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
And if you add a different extra ingredient that works, let me know!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Banana Bread Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g gluten free self-raising flour (¾ cup)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 140-150 ml dairy-free milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- 25 g Chocolate (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl add the 2 peeled bananas and mash with a fork
- Now add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, 100g self-raising flour (¾ cup), 1 tbsp maple syrup and 140-150ml ml milk and mix
- Add in 25g chopped chocolate chunks (optional)
- Heat a small pan with oil (I use coconut) on a low/medium heat
- Now I like to fill a ⅓ size measuring cup with the pancake mix and pour into the pan but you can just free pour the batter
- Fry on either side until golden and repeat 5 times