Get ready for this extremely simple and delicious Peanut Butter Granola which is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free. It’s a healthy Oat Granola that you can easily make at home in 5 minutes and with only 7 ingredients.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
This healthy granola recipe with peanut butter is definitely one for the nut butter fans out there. It’s crunchy, super easy to make, and can be used in lots of different ways.
If you don’t like or have an allergy to peanut butter, this sugar free granola works with any nut butter you choose!
This gluten free granola only uses these 7 ingredients that you will most likely already have in your kitchen at home.
Ingredients to make Peanut Butter Granola
- Oats – Any oats work for this recipe. Preferably steal cut or large porridge oats. If you have Coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, make sure your oats are specifically gluten free. If not marked, they may have cross-contamination from wheat they were grown with.
- Almonds – Add a delicious crunch and good nutrition.
- Pecans – Add a nice texture difference to the granola.
- Ground Almonds – gives more texture and flavour but also helps to bind the granola into clusters.
- Coconut Oil – helps the granola to stick together and not dry out.
- Maple Syrup – adds the perfect natural sweetness and keep this a vegan granola recipe.
- Peanut Butter – One of my favourite ingredients, you can opt crunchy or smooth. If you have any spare then try my Peanut Butter Noodles.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Gluten Free Oats – If you don’t need to avoid gluten, feel free to use regular oats.
- Almonds and Pecans – Feel free to change up nuts to your favourites!
- Coconut Oil – adds my favourite flavour, but if you don’t have it opt for sunflower or vegetable oil.
- Maple Syrup – A good substitute for maple syrup is a runny honey or agave syrup.
- Peanut Butter – Any nut butter will serve as a great substitute such as almond butter or cashew butter.
- Deluxe – Add more of your favourites to make this granola yours! Consider adding freeze-dried fruit pieces, raisins or craisins, coconut, dark chocolate, or seeds.
- Kid friendly – If you want to keep it simple for kids, you can take out the whole nuts and it will still be delicious! You could even add some chocolate chips for a fun treat!
For another delicious peanut butter treat, try this Peanut Butter Balls recipe.
How to make Peanut Butter Granola
Step 1: Pre-heat your oven to 160C and add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl
Step 2: Mix with a spoon or spatula until well combined
Step 3: Line a baking tray with baking paper and add the granola, making sure to evenly spread it across the tray so that it cooks evenly. Place in the oven at 160C for 25 minutes (or until lightly golden brown)
Hint: leave a useful hint here
This vegan granola recipe is the king of leftovers! It stores perfectly well in a sealed container for months at a time!
Granola is always such a versatile breakfast, you can simply have it with milk or get creative and make an incredible bowl by adding coconut yoghurt and strawberry or banana. You can also top smoothies or apple crips with it or even just have a handful of it as an afternoon snack.
A couple of great things about making your own granola is that it’s cheaper, tastier and healthier! You can also store it in a sealed container for months, so you can batch cook it and have it last.
Yes! It does have some fat in it, but they are good fats along with tons of nutrients! My recipe is a refined sugar free granola. It is a perfect snack or addition to your yogurt or smoothie!
They are slightly different. Almond flour is more fine and ground almonds not so, but either will work.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Peanut Butter Granola recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups oats 200g (I use gluten-free)
- 1 cup almonds 150g
- 1 cup pecans 150g
- 1 cup ground almonds 100g
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 6 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C and add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a spoon or spatula until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and add the granola, making sure to evenly spread it across the tray so that it cooks evenly. Place in the oven at 160C for 25 minutes (or until lightly golden brown).
- Remove from the oven and either eat warm or allow to cool.
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate