Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls using just 3 ingredients that are gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free!
For those that love peanut butter as much as me then this recipe is just for you! These balls are total heaven in each bite.
Slightly firm on the outside, crunchy and doughy on the inside.
Super simple to make, all you need is the 3 ingredients, a mixing bowl, tray and a freezer.
The best bit is these are no-bake and only take about 5 minutes to prepare before freezing.
Who’s drooling? I have to be honest, I really struggled taking photos of these without wanting to stuff my face.
These are a great healthy protein filled snack to take with you on the go.
I mean just look at how good they look.
Smooth on the outside and crunchy on the inside from using my favourite crunchy peanut butter. You could always use smooth peanut butter if you prefer.
For those that may have a peanut allergy, you’re in luck as you can use almond butter instead.
This recipe will make 15 balls but don’t worry you don’t have to eat these all at once, they will store in the fridge or freezer.
Now onto the bit you have been waiting for, the really simple recipe.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls
- 330 g crunchy peanut butter (roughly 9 heaped tbsp)
- 90 g ground almonds
- 7 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large mixing bowl add the peanut butter, ground almonds, maple syrup and salt. Whisk until it’s well mixed together
- With a spoon, scoop up a small amount and roll into a rough ball, no need to be perfect as we will roll them again later which will make them smooth
- Place each ball on a tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Take the balls outs the freezer and roll again in your hands until smooth
- They are now ready to enjoy
These will last in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week. You could also freeze them if you wanted to store for longer.
LOVE peanut butter recipes? Don’t worry you’re not alone, I have an obsession with it so here are a few others for you to try!
Creating these crunchy peanut butter balls? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!