These healthy 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Balls are gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free! Yes, please! These balls are SO easy to make and ready to freeze in about 5 minutes. They are a healthy on the go snack or treat.
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
For those that love peanut butter as much as me, these Keto Peanut Butter Balls are just for you! Slightly firm on the outside and crunchy and doughy on the inside – these peanut butter protein balls are sure to impress!
These Peanut Butter Bites are super simple to make – all you need is the 3 ingredients, a mixing bowl, a tray, and a freezer. The best bit is they are no bake and only take about 5 minutes to prepare before freezing.
For those that may have a peanut allergy, you’re in luck! You can use almond butter instead.
These are a great, healthy, protein filled snack to take with you on the go. Or you can dip them in chocolate and have a great treat to bring your kids after school!
Ingredients to make Peanut Butter Balls
- Crunchy Peanut Butter – is the key to having a nice crunchy inside. But you can also use smooth peanut butter. If you have any spare try my Peanut Butter Noodles or Peanut Stew.
- Ground Almonds – give a great flavour to these protein peanut butter balls and help to bind everything together.
- Maple Syrup – adds a delicious sweetness to these healthy peanut butter balls.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Peanut Butter – Smooth peanut butter or even almond butter will both work great for this recipe.
- Ground Almonds – Almond flour is finer, but should still work for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup – honey is a great alternative to maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Deluxe – There are so many ways to dress up these Peanut Butter Energy Balls and turn them into more of a dessert. Dip them in chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate (or vice versa) for a cute and delicious treat. You could also sprinkle them with coconut or powdered sugar.
- Kid friendly – These are most definitely kid-friendly already, especially if your kids love peanut butter snacks! This is a great recipe to have them help you with! You could also add in some Rice Krispies for an extra crunchy and kid-friendly treat. They will also love my Homemade Peanut Butter Granola or Peanut Butter Milkshake.
See these spicier Turmeric & Ginger Energy Balls.
How to make Peanut Butter Balls
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix with a spatula.
Step 3: With a spoon, scoop up a small amount and roll it into rough balls. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the balls from the freezer and roll in your hands again until smooth.
Hint: This batch should make about 15 peanut butter balls.
These will last in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week. You could also freeze them if you wanted to store them for longer.
Yes, they can. You can refrigerate them for up to a week or so or freeze them for a couple of months.
Natural peanut butter can be oily. Use more ground almonds if needed to thicken them up. Also, make sure to freeze them for 30 minutes.
Almond flour is slightly finer than ground almonds and usually more expensive, but it should still work well.
I highly recommend it! I’d freeze them for 30 minutes. It will help them be a lot easier to shape and work with.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Peanut Butter Balls recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Peanut Butter Balls
- 330 g crunchy peanut butter (roughly 9 heaped tbsp)
- 90 g ground almonds
- 7 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large mixing bowl add the peanut butter, ground almonds, maple syrup and salt.
- Mix together with a spatula
- With a spoon, scoop up a small amount and roll into a rough ball (no need to be perfect as we will roll them again later which will make them smooth). Place each ball on a lined tray with baking paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take the balls outs the freezer and roll again in your hands until smooth.
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate