These Salted Peanut Butter Cacao Cups are what I class as a little piece of heaven in one bite! Oozing with peanut butter, sweetness coming from the cacao cup, saltiness from the Himalayan pink salt and then just to finish you off the bitterness from the orange zest!
They are so simple and great fun to make, especially for kids so make sure they do all the work for you!
If you love chocolate, peanut butter or just like me and love BOTH, you have to try these!!!
The best bit is they only need 4 main ingredients which are naturally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
You will need cup cake liners for this recipe – I use small Cup Cake liners (roughly 5cm diameter, if you can’t find these then using normal size is fine, you will just roughly get half the amount of cups)
Are you drooling yet? Just incase you’re not, here is another photo before you can’t resist making them right now!
Salted Peanut Butter Cacao Cups
- 150 g cacao butter (I used Indigo’s)
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder (I used Indigo’s)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Smooth Peanut Butter (I used Meridian)
- Start off by grating the cacao butter into a glass bowl
- Place the glass bowl over simmering water (a bain marie, making sure the glass doesn’t touch the water)
- Stir until the cacao butter is fully melted
- Add the maple syrup and a generous pinch of salt and whisk into the melted cacao butter
- Slowly add the cacao powder whilst whisking it together until smooth
- Simply pour a small amount (roughly 1cm) of the mix into each cup cake liner
- Carefully place them into the freezer for 5 minutes
- Take them out the freezer and add 1/2 a teaspoon of peanut butter to each cup (try smoothing it over with the spoon or your finger)
- Pour the cacao mix until it covers the peanut butter
- Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Finish by topping each cup with orange zest and a small pinch of salt
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate
Creating these salted cacao cups? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!