This one is for the Chocolate lovers! Epic Vegan Rocky Road that is incredibly easy to make and also gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
I have made a healthy Christmas twist to this recipe by adding cranberries. It’s such a perfect free-from Christmas dessert or snack to share with family and friends.
You’re going to absolutely love these Rocky Roads, they’re:
- Perfectly sweet
- Gluten free, Vegan & refined sugar free
All you need to make them are these simple ingredients you can get from most supermarkets.
This recipe is so versatile, here are a few options you can change:
– Swap the nuts for ones you already have or prefer
– Swap the cranberries for dates, apricots or raisins
This homemade vegan and refined sugar free chocolate sauce is so simple to make, all you need to do is add the ingredients to a blender until smooth.
You can also use this sauce in so many ways, so get creative!
If you have missed fruit and nut chocolate since being dairy free or vegan then this recipe is just for you!
Perfectly sweet, crunchy and full of flavour.
It’s so much fun to make, if you have kids you MUST get them to make this for you. They will absolutely love making it
If you try this Epic Vegan Rocky Road let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Epic Vegan Rocky Road
- 70 g pecans
- 70 g almonds
- 50 g pistachios (unsalted)
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 40 g cacao powder (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 200 g coconut oil melted
- Firstly add all the nuts to a pan and lightly toast for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile make the chocolate sauce by adding the melted coconut oil, cacao powder, almond milk and maple syrup to a cup blender and blend until smooth (30 seconds)
- Line a small baking tray (9x6") with baking paper and place in half the nuts and cranberries. Pour over the chocolate sauce then top the rest of the nuts and cranberries on top
- Place flat in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Remove and slice into squares or bars
Fancy more chocolate recipes? Try my 3 ingredient Chocolate Truffles