Chocolatey Fig & Pecan Brownies!!! Perfect for weekend baking or for when you’re watching the bake off and want to bake something Free-From that you can actually eat!
I absolutely LOVE figs at this time of the year and if you haven’t tried baking with them yet then you’re missing out. They go so sweet and gooey!
You NEED to try these brownies, they are:
- Perfectly sweet
- Incredibly easy
- Under 30 minutes
- And most importantly DELICIOUS
Using just 8 ingredients which are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free.
They’re so simple to make, all you need to do is add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
And mix together into a smooth creamy chocolate batter. Try not to eat it all at this stage!!!
If you have kids, they will absolutely love making these for you.
Then simply pour your chocolate batter into a lined baking tray and top with the figs and pecans. I used a 10″x7″ baking tray.
IF you don’t like figs or pecans you can always top these brownies with whatever you like so be creative.
Here is a couple closeups to get you drooling!
If you cook them to perfection you can even get a little gooeyness in the middle section of the brownie.
If you try these Chocolatey Fig & Pecan Brownies let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
You get around 12 brownie squares out of this recipe, perfect for sharing with family and friends. That is if you like to share!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Give them a try, I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Chocolatey Pecan & Fig Brownies
- 250 g buckwheat flour (roughly 2 cups)
- 50 g cacao powder (1/3rd cup)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 250 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 figs
- Handful pecans
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the mix in, aim for a thickness of 1-2cm
- Now top with sliced figs and pecans, slightly pressing them into the brownie
- Place in the oven for 20 mins (if your oven runs hot try 15 minutes first)
- Take out the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing
Looking for other easy weekend baking ideas? Try my 5 Ingredient Doughnuts