This Sausage & Sage Gnocchi is my go to quick dinner right now. It’s ready in under 15 minutes, mostly made in one-pan and it’s packed full of flavour!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Why this recipe works
This will become your new favourite fast dinner after work. It’s comforting and perfect for this time of the year. Crispy sage, sausages and gnocchi together all in one-pan, what’s not to love!
Have you ever made your own gnocchi before? It’s actually quite easy, let me show you how to make my Sweet Potato Gnocchi. If you’ve also not tried baking gnocchi then try my Cheesy Vegan Baked Gnocchi recipe.
If you have any pesto in the cupboard then try my Sausage Pesto Gnocchi recipe.
Ingredients to make Sausage & Sage Gnocchi
- Butter – I use a vegan butter to make this dairy-free to cater for my dairy allergy, but you can use whichever you prefer.
- Sausages – I used meat-free sausages but again you can use whichever you want. if you have any spare then try my Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole.
- Garlic – Adds great flavour but could be omitted if you don’t have or like it.
- Fresh Sage – When fried with the sausages it goes crispy and delicious (see substitutions below if you can’t get hold of fresh sage).
- Peas – Adds colour and extra goodness.
- Gnocchi – I used a gluten-free gnocchi for this recipe but you can use which you prefer or you could even make your own! Just search my website for Sweet Potato Gnocchi.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Here are a few suggestions for how you can adapt or substitute ingredients:
- Butter – instead of butter, you can use a couple tablespoon of olive oil
- Gnocchi – use any pasta such as penne
- Sage – if you can get hold of fresh sage add 1 to 2 tablespoon dried sage instead
- More Veg – You can easily boost the veg content in this recipe. You could add broccoli, cauliflower, aubergine, onion or roasted veg such as sweet potato or butternut squash.
This recipe is very flexible, I use gluten-free, dairy-free and meat-free ingredients due to allergies and personal choices but you can easily use:
- Meaty Sausages – Add meat sausages if you prefer
- Butter – Any butter/margarine you wish to use
- Gnocchi – Any gnocchi or pasta you have to hand
Instructions to make Sausage & Sage Gnocchi
Step 1: Firstly, chop the sausages into pieces.
Step 2: Heat a non stick pan on a medium heat, adding in the butter, chopped sausages, sage leaves and fry together for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Meanwhile, add the gnocchi to a pot of salted boiling water until they start to float (3 minutes) and then drain
Step 4: Finally, add the gnocchi to the pan along with the peas, chopped garlic, pinch salt & pepper and fry for 5 minutes until the gnocchi starts to crisp up
Hint: Try to get crispy edges to the gnocchi, it’s delicious!
If you have a portion of this leftover, simply place in a sealed container in the fridge overnight. You can either reheat or eat cold the next day for lunch/dinner.
Gnocchi doesn’t freeze that well so eat within a few days of making.
Nope, just follow the recipe as this cooks the sausages all the way through.
Any sausages will work for this! I’m personally meat free so choose a vegan sausage but you could easily using a pork or chicken sausage in this recipe!
Most supermarkets sell it in the fresh herbs section. If you can’t find it then opt for something like rosemary or thyme.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Tried this Sausage & Sage Gnocchi recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
Sausage & Sage Gnocchi
- 6 sausages (I used vegan)
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves chopped
- thumb size chunk butter (I used vegan)
- 500 g gnocchi (I used gluten-free)
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas (70g)
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- Firstly, chop the sausages into pieces
- Heat a non stick pan on a medium heat, adding in the butter, chopped sausages, sage leaves and fry together for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, add the gnocchi to a pot of salted boiling water until they start to float (3 minutes) and then drain
- Finally, add the gnocchi to the pan along with the peas, chopped garlic, pinch salt & pepper and fry for 5 minutes until the gnocchi starts to crisp up
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate