Get your forks into this comforting Creamy Vegan Pepper Pasta.
I love this vegan and gluten-free recipe because it’s super easy yet satisfyingly deep in flavour.
And because it’s packed with peppers, it’s a great way to get veggies into your little ones… without them even noticing.
If you don’t suffer with food allergies and are not vegan or plant-based, but want to introduce or try more plant-based alternatives, this recipe is perfect for you!
Here’s what you’re going to love about this Creamy Vegan Pepper Pasta:
- Super Easy
- Vegan & Gluten-Free
- Freeze for another day
Simply pop to the supermarket and pick up these simple ingredients:
So, you wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make a delicious pasta sauce. It’s quick, it’s cheap and it’s much tastier than any shop-bought pasta sauce. I promise!
The simple step of roasting the veg brings so much flavour to this Creamy Vegan Pepper Pasta.
And it’s just a case of throwing the veg into the oven!
Now for the fun bit – blending it all together to create a mouthwatering creamy pasta sauce.
The cashews bring a depth of flavour and richness that keeps you going back for more.
And the creamy taste makes this Creamy Vegan Pepper Pasta super comforting, yet super healthy.
If you’re cooking for less than 4, you can freeze the leftover sauce and use when you’re too busy to cook.
Because there are always nights when you don’t have the energy to cook, and it’s better to avoid ready meals!
Because this is your go-to comforting recipe, you can choose whichever pasta you prefer.
I love spaghetti, but any gluten-free pasta will be delicious with this recipe.
SO IF YOU TRY THIS CREAMY PEPPER PASTA LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
For some added crunch, sprinkle over crushed cashews.
And for an extra punch of freshness, add your favourite herb. Parsley is always a winner.
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE! GET MORE HEALTHY RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE + RECEIVE A FREE 10 RECIPE EBOOK!
Creamy Vegan Pepper Pasta
- 3 red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion cut into quarters
- 50 g cashews soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 200-225 ml vegan milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls spinach (optional)
- 400 g gluten-free pasta
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 230C
- Add the 3 red peppers to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes
- Now turn the peppers and add the 2 garlic cloves and quartered red onion and bake for a further 15 minutes
- Soak your 50g of cashews in hot water
- Once the peppers are done, remove from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes to cool
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in boiling water
- Carefully peel off the skin of the red peppers and discard the stem and seeds. Place in the blender jug along with the garlic and red onion
- Now add to the blender the drained cashews, 200-225ml milk, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp olive oil, generous pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Drain your pasta and use the pasta pot to heat the sauce on its own for 2 minutes until bubbling. You can also add spinach to wilt
- Now add the drained pasta into the sauce and stir until well combined
Love Pasta? Why not try my Easy One-Pot Pasta Bake