This 10 min healthy stir-fry is so simple to make and absolutely perfect for a quick and healthy weekday meal.
I make this recipe once a week when I am short for time or have veg that need using up.
Always be creative with recipes like this and use ingredients that you have lying around for example aubergine works really well in this or carrots.
You will be really impressed with the amount of flavour that’s packed into this stir-fry using only a few simple naturally gluten free ingredients. You will get that takeaway style taste but without all the sugar included.
The best bit is you can make this recipe in one wok!
Give it a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised 🙂
Fancy something extra to top it with then I suggest either firm tofu, prawns, chicken or even beef
Extras cooking instructions:
Chicken or beef: finely slice into strips and then just add into the wok with the coconut oil. Fry for 3-4 minutes before adding the broccoli etc.
Prawns: simply add to the wok at the same time as the mushrooms etc
Tofu: Either cook similar to the chicken above or fry separately and add at the end
10 Min Healthy Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5-6 pieces stemmed broccoli
- 3 chestnut mushrooms chopped
- 5-6 asparagus shoots
- 1/2 thumb sized piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 fresh red chilli seeded (optional)
- 1 heaped tsp miso paste I use ClearspringUK
- 2 tsp tamari I use ClearspringUK
- 1/2 Juice fresh lime
- 1 Handfull Handful of cashews
- 1 Pak choi can also use bok choy
- sesame seeds optional
- Brown rice or noodles for serving
- Firstly prep the veg by slicing the mushrooms, fresh ginger, chilli and cut the ends off the Pak choi, brocolli and asparagus
- Meanwhile heat a wok with coconut oil on a medium heat
- Add the broccoli and fry for a couple minutes
- Now add the mushrooms, asparagus, ginger, chilli and fry for a couple minutes
- Add the cashews, lime juice, miso paste and tamari and mix well
- Finally add the pak choi, stir and allow to wilt down (roughly 2 mins)
- It’s ready to serve! I like to top mine with extra fresh chilli, lime juice, coriander and a sprinkle of sesame seeds
Creating this healthy stir-fry? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!