I am in love with this Blueberry Cheesecake. It is really simple to make with only 7 ingredients that are naturally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
Here’s a photo to get you drooling already:
I am far from a dessert person and since opening this blog Luise has helped me with most of the desserts as I just don’t really enjoy making them as much as dinners.
This idea just randomly came to me and I thought why not, lets give it a try. I had never made a cheesecake before but had some idea on a way to make it simple but tasty along with being gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!
Sometimes you just have to give things a try and worst case it fails, most of the time you will still be able to eat it somehow!
Give this a try, it’s a total crowd pleaser and the perfect dessert to WOW friends and family!!!
You will need a Food processor or high powered blender and a cheesecake tin, the one I use is linked in the recipe below
Creating this blueberry cheesecake? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Gluten Free & Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
- 100 g almonds
- 50 g pitted dates
- 1 tbsp water
- 200 g soaked cashews
- 1/2 Juice lemon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g coconut fat or roughly 3 very heaped tablespoons. Coconut fat is the thick part in the top half of the a coconut milk can
- 75 g frozen blueberries
- I use this 6x3inch cheesecake tin, you can try with others if you wish for a different shape
- Soak the cashews, I like to soak mine overnight, but 30 minutes in boiling water will be enough
- First make the base by adding the almonds and dates into the food processor and blend into crumbs, then add the water and blitz again to make it sticky
- Grease the cheesecake tin with coconut oil then place the nut mix into the bottom and press down until evenly spread
- Drain the soaked cashews and add to the food processor along with the lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut fat and blend until very smooth (this can take about 5 minutes, make sure to press the leftover bits on the side down to make the whole mix smooth) add a few tbsp of water if it's struggling!
- Pour half the mixture on top of the base
- Add a handful of frozen blueberries randomly inside (roughly 25g)
- Pour the rest of the mix on top
- Now defrost roughly 50g of frozen blueberries in a pan over a medium heat, once defrosted mash with a fork and pour across the top of the cake (if there is a lot of juice then don’t pour all the juice over).
- Freeze for 3 hours
- Gently remove from the cheesecake tin and it's ready to serve!