Delicious crispy Thyme Infused Hasselback Potatoes. These are a perfect side dish to try this Christmas.
If you’re like me then you love crunchy potatoes. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love traditional roast potatoes but you need to give these hasselbacks a try. They are packed full of flavour and crunch as the flavours get deep inside the potato when roasting.
You’re going to absolutely love these Hasselback Potatoes, they’re:
- 4 Ingredients
- Gluten free & Vegan
All you need to make them are these simple ingredients you can get from any supermarket.
It’s really simple to make your own infused olive oils to use for these hasselback potatoes.
Simply add the ingredients to a pestle and mortar, mix and you create such a colourful and deep flavoured oil that transforms the potatoes into an amazing side dish for Christmas.
Here is a little trick for slicing the potatoes evenly. Lay down chopsticks or wooden spoons (shown below) and evenly slice the potato until you hit the chopsticks.
This not only speeds up the slicing process but also makes sure you don’t slice all the way through.
Maintaining the same depth also helps the potato to cook evenly.
Once you have made the easy thyme olive oil and sliced the potatoes all you need to do is evenly cover the potatoes making sure to get all the lovely oil deep into the potato before placing in the oven.
The result is an oven dish full of incredibly crispy delicious hasselback potatoes that can be proudly placed in the middle of the table for Christmas dinner.
The smell these potatoes also give your kitchen is insane!
If you try these Thyme Infused Hasselback Potatoes let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Give them a try, I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Thyme Infused Hasselback Potatoes
- 1.3 kg maris piper potatoes
- Handful fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pre heat your oven at 200C with your oven dish inside
- To a pestle and mortar add the fresh thyme (pull the leaves away from the stalks) crushed garlic clove, 3 tablespoon olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper and mix
- Slice downwards on the potatoes, I use chopsticks or wooden spoons laid down this helps create and even depth and stops you slicing all the way through the potato
- Place the potatoes in the oven dish, then evenly spread the thyme oil over, making sure it gets deep inside the potatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and place in the oven for 45 minutes at 200C
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and a sprinkle of fresh thyme and serve
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate
Fancy traditional roast potatoes instead for Christmas? Try my Rosemary Infused Roast Potatoes