You may be thinking “ Peanut Butter in a curry…” Trust me it really adds some serious depth of flavour! If you’re a peanut butter lover, then this will probably become one of your favourite main dishes.
The best part of this recipe apart from it being incredibly tasty and one of my all time favourite recipes on the blog is the fact that it’s quick to make needing just one pot and uses natural ingredients that you will probably already have in the cupboard at home!
This curry is the perfect dinner whether it’s sunny or raining just make sure you make extras as you can keep this in the fridge for a couple days in an airtight container or it freeze it down for a quick lunch or dinner.
It is also gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
Have a peanut allergy? Swap the peanut butter with almond butter instead!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Peanut Butter & Chickpea Curry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 small red onions diced
- 2 400g tinned chickpeas drained
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp veg stock powder
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Can chopped tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 handful Jumbo peanuts unsalted
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a pan on a medium heat with the olive oil and add the crushed garlic, onions and a pinch of salt & pepper. Cook down for a couple minutes
- Add all the spices, peanut butter, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Stir well and fry together for a couple minutes
- Add the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk and the veg stock powder and mix well
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low heat for 15 minutes (lid off) making sure to give it a stir ever 5 minutes
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes (or to your desire consistency)
- Meanwhile dry fry a handful of the jumbo peanuts until lightly browned to serve on top
Want to overload on Peanut Butter? Try these Peanut Butter Crunch Bars for dessert!
Creating this curry? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW