This Spiced Pear, Fig & Orange crumble is such a comforting dessert and absolutely perfect for the autumn or winter evenings.
It is one of those desserts that you can share whilst entertaining family or friends for a dinner party.
The best part is you don’t need to slave in the kitchen for hours as this crumble is incredibly simple to make using just 7 ingredients and it even comes with a vanilla cashew “cream” for you to try with it.
Trust me your guests will be so impressed by you making your own vegan cream for the occasion!
It is also gluten free, plant-based and refined sugar free!!!
Spiced Pear, Fig & Orange Crumble
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 pears chopped into chunks
- 4 oranges 3 peeled and chopped into chunks and save 1 orange for the oat topping
- 4 figs sliced into quarters
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled GF oats
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
Vanilla Cashew Cream:
- 100 g cashews soaked in hot water for at least 30 minutes
- 100-110 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 vanilla pod slice in half and scrape out the seeds inside
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Roughly chop the 4 pears, 4 figs and 3 oranges into chunks
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat with the coconut oil, add all the fruit along with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and cook down for rough 10 mins until soft
- Meanwhile make the crumble topping. To a large mixing bowl add the oats, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, maple syrup, the zest of half an orange along with the juice of the whole orange and mix well with a spoon
- Once the fruit is cooked, add to a large baking dish and then simply top with the oat mixture.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 200C
- If you are making the cream then simply add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
Please note that Nutrition information is a rough estimate
Creating this Crumble? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!