Chilli is the perfect autumn/winter comfort food. This black bean version is incredibly simple to make and only costs around £5 (non organic) for 4-6 portions and roughly £7 if you’re going organic. Meaning it’s incredibly cheap to make.
It is super simple to make and probably one of the easiest vegan chilli recipes you will find.
Trust me if you serve this up to the family they’re going to love it!
It is also gluten free and plant based.
I absolutely love serving mine on top of roasted potatoes or even on top of brown rice with a dollop of coconut yoghurt to cut through the spice.
Give it a go, I would love to hear what you think!
You can also watch my recipe video on this chilli here
Drooling yet? Just incase you’re not here’s another photo before I share the recipe 🙂
Comforting Black Bean Chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 red chilli deseeded and diced
- 2 large carrots grated
- 680 g passata good quality
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 400g cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 400g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (optional)
- 200 ml veg stock good quality
- Start by grating the carrot, dicing the red onion and fresh chilli
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat adding the olive oil and garlic until sizzling
- Add the onion and all the spices along with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir
- Now add the carrots and chopped chilli and cook down for 2-3 minutes until soft
- Add the passata, tomato puree, beans, cacao powder and stock and stir
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low/medium heat to cook for 15 minutes (making sure to stir every 5 minutes)
Creating this chilli? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!