Vegan Snickers Flapjacks….. You’re probably thinking nahhh thats not really possible to recreate the taste of snickers bar combined with a flapjack without the gluten, dairy or sugar.
I have combined 2 of my favourite things as a kid into one amazing square of beauty! Flapjack meet snickers, snickers meet flapjack. You’re a match made in heaven!
They only contain 8 easily sourced natural ingredients meaning they are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!
They best part is they are really simple to make and taste unbelievably good!!
If you try these Vegan Snickers Flapjacks let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
If you have kids they will absolutely love making these, so make them do the work for you 🙂
You will need a food processor for this recipe!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Vegan Snickers Flapjacks
Ingredients for base:
- 200 g cashews
- 200 g gluten free rolled oats
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
Ingredients for the middle “snickers” layer:
- 250 g medjool dates roughly 235g pitted weight
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Handful jumbo peanuts unsalted
- Pinch salt
Ingredients for the chocolate topping:
- 6 heaped tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 75 g cacao powder
- Firstly pit the dates and place in a bowl of boiling water for roughly 10 minutes to soften
- Add all the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until the base forms
- Now line a baking tray with baking paper (I use a 10x8 tray as its the perfect size)
- Add the base mix to the tray and push down hard making sure to compact the base so it sticks together (IMPORTANT). Aim for around 1cm thick otherwise the base can crumble
- Place in the freezer whilst the dates are still softening
- Once the dates have softened add all the “snickers” middle ingredients to a blender and whiz until smooth
- Take the base out the freezer and evenly layer the “snickers” mix on top
- Add the jumbo peanuts across the top and push them in slightly. Add back to the freezer whilst making the chocolate topping
- Now over a bain-marie add the melted coconut oil (I melt mine in the microwave to speed it up) along with the maple syrup. Gently whisk in the cacao powder bit by bit until its nice a thick
- Remove from the freezer and evenly pour the chocolate mix on top of and smooth out
- Place back in the freezer for 1 hour. Then they are ready to serve!
Fancy something else sweet and chocolatey then try my “Mini Bounty Bars“