Delicious pumpkin & quinoa curry that is the perfect halloween/winter dish for the cold evenings ahead!
It is gluten free, vegan, plant-based, extremely simple to make and packed full of colour and flavour.
If you feel like getting fancy with this recipe then roast a pumpkin by slicing in half and place your curry inside of it for halloween!
If you try this Pumpkin & Quinoa Curry let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Pumpkin & Quinoa Curry
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Thumb size piece of ginger diced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- 660 g pumpkin sliced into small cubes (peeled and deseeded weight)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 500 ml veg stock good quality
- 200 g quinoa rinsed in cold water (roughly 3/4 cup)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- Start preparing the pumpkin by deseeding, peeling and chopping into small cubes
- Place a large pot on a medium heat adding the coconut oil, garlic and onion with a pinch of salt & pepper until sizzling
- Add all the spices along with the fresh ginger and tomato puree and mix well
- Now add the pumpkin pieces to fry for a 3-4 minutes, making sure to mix into the spices
- Add the coconut milk, tinned tomatoes, veg stock and rinsed quinoa and stir well
- Reduce to a simmer for 30-35 mins (stirring every 10 mins)
- Finally add the spinach and simply stir it through, it’s now ready to serve!
Fancy another comforting curry then try my Butternut Squash & Coconut Dhal