Introducing these super easy to make 3 ingredient gluten free & vegan tortillas.
These are the perfect homemade tortillas to use for those Mexican themed nights in!
The best part is they are seriously cost effective to make working out around 30p for 8, that’s about 4p per tortilla!!! In the shops these cost around £3 for 6!
What you’re going to love about these Tortillas:
- Super easy
- 3 Ingredients
- Only 4p each
- Under 15 minutes to make
- Gluten free & Vegan
Using just 1 key ingredient you can get from any supermarket. You will already have water and salt.
You will be really surprised how quick and easy these are to make.
It’s as simple as mixing the ingredients together into a smooth batter and frying them into small tortillas.
Here is a trick with how to get them a little thinner. With the back of a spoon simply smooth around the top and edges this will disperse this mix and make them a little thinner.
As you can see they are totally flexible and foldable which make them the perfect tortilla for filling.
I am for about 4-5 inches in diameter but you could always make these larger if you wanted.
You can add whatever filling you like to yours but if you’re feeling a little lost with what to add here is what I made to go in mine.
- Fry a diced red onion in olive oil
- Add in any spices you wish, sliced pepper with the juice of 1 lime and fry for about 5 minutes
- Place into the tortillas with salsa and avocado
IF YOU TRY THESE GLUTEN FREE TORTILLAS LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally here is one last shot to make you even hungrier!!!
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Gluten Free Tortillas
- 150 g gram flour (AKA chickpea flour or besan)
- 200 ml water
- pinch salt
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve the gram flour into the bowl to remove any lumps and add a generous pinch of salt
- Now slowly add in the water, whisking it in as you go until a smooth batter forms
- Heat a pan with a little oil, once hot pour in a small amount of the mixture from a height (this helps to keep them round)
- With the back of a spoon, simply smooth over the top (shown above) to make them a little thinner
- Fry on either side for 30 seconds until lightly golden and repeat until all are cooked