I absolutely love this wok fried noodle bowl. It is incredibly simple to make and has a nice kick to it. It works great as a lunch or a dinner if you up the portion sizes a little. This dish is extremely versatile, if you want to, you can always swap the chickpeas and add tofu, chicken, prawns or beef to it.
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- 70g (1/3rd can) chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- handful pak/bok choi
- handful stemmed broccoli
- 4-5 chopped chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 fresh chopped chilli
- 1/4 thumb size piece of fresh chopped ginger
- 60g brown rice noodles (I use ClearspringUK)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- fresh lime
- salt & pepper
1. Firstly you need to roast the chickpeas, so place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl adding the olive oil, smoked paprika and turmeric. Mix well until all the chickpeas are covered evenly (DON’T CLEAN THIS BOWL YET, SAVE IT FOR LATER).
2. Place on a baking tray and cook at 180C for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and chop off the bottom stalk parts of the pak choi and broccoli. Chop the fresh red chilli and ginger (use as much or as little as you want, depending on how spicy you want it). The above amount in the ingredients is fairly spicy so be careful!!!
4. Follow the packet instructions to prepare your noodles.
5. Heat a wok with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
6. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, chilli and ginger and cook for a couple minutes. Then add the pak choi to wilt down and brown a little.
7. To make a drizzle to go over the top, just add a squeeze of lime juice into the chickpea mixing bowl and stir.
Now its ready to plate.
Tip: I like to add the noodles into the bottom of the bowl first. Arrange the wok fried greens around one side and finish by topping the other side with the chickpeas. Add the drizzle on top with some fresh chilli and an extra squeeze of lime juice as it really enhances the flavours.
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .