Valentines is just around the corner, so I have created these really simple cacao cups that are absolutely delicious. They are great to share with your loved one or even just to share with family and friends.
These cups are versatile, you can always add different toppings to suit your needs.
Prep: 10 mins
Freezer: 15 mins
Ingredients for the cups:
- 150g cacao butter (I use The Raw Chocolate Company)
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for toppings:
- Handful Frozen Strawberries
- Handful Frozen Rasberries
- Goji Berries
- Start off by grating the cacao butter into a bowl (see picture below).
- Place a glass bowl over boiling water (making sure the glass doesn’t touch the water).
- Place the cacao butter into the bowl and stir until melted fully.
- Add the cacao powder, maple syrup and salt then whisk until smooth.
- Simply pour the mix evenly into cup cake liners ( I aim for just over 1/2 inch thick).
- Now place the frozen strawberries and raspberries onto a chopping board and smash them with a rolling pin into the desired sized pieces.
- Simply top the cups with the berries (try to push some in a little and pile them up to create some height, see picture below).
- Now place the cups into the freezer for 15 minutes.
Tip: If you don’t eat them all straight out the freezer, then place in a airtight container and refrigerate.