These Smokey Wedges are such a simple and colourful side dish that even comes with a cooling vegan Tzatziki dip.
It can be quite hard to create “crunchy” sweet potato wedges as they often go soggy but below is my trick on how to keep them crunchy.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 35 mins
Ingredients for the wedges:
- 2 Sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
Ingredients for tzatziki:
- 4 heaped tablespoons of natural unsweetened coconut yoghurt such as Coyo
- 1 inch piece of cucumber, finely grated including the juice from it
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 220C with a the baking tray inside
- Slice the sweet potato into wedges and place onto the baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 25 mins
- Meanwhile make the tzatziki by placing all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and combine until smooth
- After the 25 mins, remove the wedges from the oven and lightly coat with olive and sprinkle over then smoked paprika (as much as you want) along with a pinch of salt and place back in the oven for 10 mins
- Simply serve with fresh lime, coriander and the tzatziki
TIP: Cooking the sweet potato at a high heat without olive oil to start helps make the wedges crispy rather than going soggy.
TIP: Ovens vary quite a lot in heat so keep an eye on them so that they don’t “burn”
Looking for another dip that would go well with these wedges then try my “Vegan Garlic & Rosemary Cashew Mayo“
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW