This Roasted Pepper & Tomato Pasta is absolutely rammed full for flavour, it’s also gluten free and vegan.
Best of all it’s super simple to make using just these 8 ingredients! Remember olive oil, salt and pepper don’t count as who doesn’t already have those at home right!
Roasting the veg helps to bring out so much of the deep flavours and makes this sauce so insanely tasty!
Trust me it is far healthier and satisfying than any shop bought sauce!
This sauce is also a great way of getting extra veggies into you or your families diet.
It’s so simple to make, all you have to do is roast the veggies, add them to a blender and pour over your pasta, that’s it!
I prefer to keep my sauce a little chunky and rustic looking but you can easily blend it until smooth for a creamier texture!
This truly is a killer pasta sauce BUT it can be used in so many different ways so always make extras and get creative…
I will give you a little tip, try it on top of sliced aubergine and bake it in the oven, it’s AMAZING!
If you try this Roasted Pepper & Tomato pasta, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Here is one more close up just to make you drool!
P.S you could always add chicken or prawns to this pasta if you wish!
Roasted Pepper & Tomato Pasta
- 2 Red bell peppers sliced in half
- 2 small red onions sliced into quarters
- 20 vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 glugs olive oil
- Gluten free pasta (I use brown rice)
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Meanwhile prepare the veg as stated above and place onto a baking tray along with the garlic.
- Season with olive oil, teaspoon of oregano, salt and pepper and place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Mean prepare the gluten free pasta as per packet instructions
- Scrape all the roasted veg into a blender along with a handful of fresh basil, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, teaspoon of oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper
- I pulse my sauce a couple times as I prefer it a little chunky but you can blend until smooth if you wish, you may need to add a splash of pasta water to the sauce to make it smooth
- Finally drain the pasta and mix in the sauce
LOVE pasta? Don’t worry, I have got more recipes for you to try:
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below or any of your favourite photos to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!