Calling all peanut butter fans…. These crunch bars are just INSANE!!! Using just 5 ingredients, extremely simple to make and are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
If you have kids then they will absolutely love making and eating these!
Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Ingredients for the base:
- 1 cup peanut butter 275g crunchy or smooth both work
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50 g puffed rice (I use Kallo)
Ingredients for the chocolate topping:
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 25 g cacao powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- To a large mixing bowl add the peanut butter, melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix
- Add the puffed rice and mix thoroughly
- Line a small baking tin with baking paper and pour in the peanut butter mix so its evenly spread and place in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile using a Bain Marie add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and pinch of salt and stir
- Slowly add in the 25g of cacao powder and mix until smooth
- Remove the peanut butter mix from the freezer and evenly pour over the chocolate sauce
- Place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until firm
- Finally just simply slice into squares and they're ready to serve
Don’t like nut butter? These try my Chocolate Cheesecake Squares instead
Creating this dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!