Excited to share 2 new recipes celebrating Organic September that are the perfect date night recipes to make at home.
Both take less than 15 minutes and will definitely be brilliant for a night in for 2.
Organic September is a month-long campaign which is organised by the Soil Association and is dedicated to raising awareness on the benefits of organic food. Reasons to support Organic September include:
- Supporting biodiversity and wildlife
- Helping to combat climate change
- The highest standards of animal welfare
- Reduced exposure to pesticides
- Food as it should be, and food you can trust
Before we jump into the 2 delicious recipes I want to share with you the products I am using in both these recipes and a little more information on them.
I am using the Tarantella Tomato Passata (seen above) to create a simple yet delicious Creamy Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce in 15 minutes.
Using their jarred passata helps to speed up the cooking process for convenience but also packs the sauce full of flavour with good quality organic tomatoes being used in all their products.
The Tarantella range is recognised for their rich, thick, tomato juice; proving a great base for inspired Italian cooking. Sourced from the Salerno region in the heart of Italy, Tarantella products are organically produced with no additives, fertilisers or pesticides and GM free.
The full range consists of Tarantella Chopped Tomatoes (tinned), Tarantella Plum Tomatoes (tinned), Tarantella Tomato Passata (jar) and Tarantella Double Concentrated Tomato Puree (tinned).
Available from ASDA, Co-op, Booths, Morrisons, Ocado, Planet Organic and other independent health food shops.
Now give this delicious pasta a try.
I think you will be very surprised how easy and tasty it is!
Creamy Tomato & Basil Pasta
- 1 690g Jar Tarantella Passata
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves roughly sliced
- pinch chilli flakes
- 3 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt
- bunch fresh basil (stalks & leaves)
- 500 g gluten-free pasta
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Firstly place your pasta onto boil as per packet instructions
- Now to a large pan add your olive oil, roughly chopped garlic cloves, pinch chilli flakes, finely chopped basil stalks and fry together for a couple minutes on a medium/low heat
- Pour in your Tarantella Passata, coconut yoghurt, basil leaves, salt and pepper and simmer for 8-10 minutes
- Finally add your drained pasta to the sauce and stir
I am using the Crazy Jack Dried Apricots and flaked almonds (seen above) to create an extremely easy Apricot Layered Yoghurt Parfait dessert to share.
Crazy Jack Organic Dried Apricots never contain preservatives. Produced just as nature intended, Crazy Jack Apricots are a rich brown colour, rather than the more recognisable orange, due to being dried without the addition of sulphur dioxide – the chemical which is used as a preservative that changes the apricots orange
What I love about Crazy Jack is they’re driven by a passion for sourcing the very best in organic food, Crazy Jack have a firm belief that food should only be grown as nature intended.
You can discover the organic range in stores including Morrisons, Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury’s, Ocado and more
Now tuck into this beauty!!
Apricot Layered Yoghurt Parfait
- 100 g Crazy Jack Dried Apricots
- ¼ cup Crazy Jack Flaked Almonds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup gluten-free oats (rolled oats work best)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 400 g coconut yoghurt
- Firstly add your Crazy Jack Dried Apricots to a blender cup with a ¼ cup water to soak them
- Next to a small pan add the coconut oil until melted. Then add the Crazy Jack Flaked Almonds, oats, cinnamon and maple syrup and mix
- Fry this for 5 minutes making sure to shake to stop it burning
- Now simply blend your apricots with the water until it forms a paste
- Finally layer up your parfait with the coconut yoghurt, oaty mix, apricot paste and repeat a couple times