This Orange Stuffed Trout & Med Veg is the perfect healthy one-tray dinner to serve up in the middle of the table.
Packed full of colour, nutrients and flavour it will be a complete crowd pleaser amongst family and friends.
Best of all it couldn’t be easier to create, needing only a few ingredients and one-tray making it such an awesome mid week dinner that will easily feed 4.
We all should be trying to eat more veg and simple dinners like this are a great way of doing it.
This is such a versatile dish meaning you can just use the veg you love or have leftover so be creative and enjoy.
If you don’t need to feed 4 then this is still a great way of meal prepping for your lunches during the week.
Don’t like trout? No worries just try it with sea-bass or salmon instead.
P.S I actually even caught this trout myself whilst fly fishing with my Grandad last month 🙂
Creating a simple colourful bowl of goodness for the family to enjoy
Orange Stuffed Trout & Med Veg
- 1 Whole trout (you can use other fish such as salmon or sea-bass)
- 1 large orange sliced
- 1 Handful fresh parsley
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into cubes
- 2 red onions chopped into quarters
- 1 pepper sliced into strips
- Handful tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Prepare the veg as stated above
- Slice the orange and stuff inside your trout along with 3 garlic cloves and a handful of fresh parsley and wrap in baking paper (see the photo below the recipe card)
- Place the fish onto your oven tray and scatter the med veg and garlic cloves around the outsides of the fish
- Drizzle over olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place into the over for 30-35 minutes at 200C
- Once cooked, simply peel off the baking paper and top with fresh parsley and a squeeze of juice from the cooked orange. Serve in one tray at the table
Stuffed trout wrapped in baking paper + med veg before placing in the oven
Creating this Orange Stuffed Trout dish? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!