This gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free “no bake cacao mousse cake” is mega tasty, quick and simple to make. It is perfect for a party as it takes such little prep time and doesn’t require you to be in the kitchen for hours baking something.
Luise made this as her birthday cake to share with the family, everyone absolutely loved it!
8-10 slices (using a 22 cm baking tin)
Prep: 5-10 mins
Fridge/Freezer: 2-3 hours
Ingredients for base:
- 1 1/3rd cup almonds (185g)
- 1 1/3rd cup walnuts (120g)
- 8 pitted standard dates (although medjool will enhance the base more but are more expensive)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
Ingredients for mousse:
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons cacao
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Firstly you need to make the base. Simply blend all the base ingredients together until it forms a sticky crumb mixture.
- Line the tray with coconut oil.
- Evenly spread the base mixture into the tray and press down to make the base. Also making sure to go up the sides of the tin a little.
- Now it’s time to make the mousse topping. Simply blend all the ingredients above until smooth and layer evenly across the top of the base.
- You can decorate the top with whatever you like.
Tip: Place in the fridge or freezer for 2-3 hours to help firm the mousse up a little.