Introducing the tastiest Kale with Artichoke & Mustard side dish!
First of all, if you love either kale, mustard or artichoke then this quick and healthy side dish is a must try.
Most importantly it’s super easy, ready in under 10 minutes with only 3 ingredients.
It’s so versatile and can go with so many different foods (I mention a few uses further down this post).
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS KALE:
- Super Easy
- 3 Ingredients
- Ready in under 10 mins
- Gluten Free & Vegan
Using these 3 simple ingredients available in all supermarkets
As a result of having a bunch of incredible kale delivered in my vegbox a few weeks back it really inspired me to create something delicious.
Since early December I have been absolutely loving Dijon Mustard so I thought let’s add it into the fried kale.
The result was AMAZING!
The mustard sauce takes 30 seconds to make with just Dijon Mustard and water.
Once poured over the kale and cooked in it makes it so tasty.
So you get a really nice kick from the mustard, “meaty” chunks from the Artichoke and tasty kale all in one mouthful.
The artichoke even adds a “meaty” look and texture to the kale.
IF YOU TRY THIS KALE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames using #healthylivingjames . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
As a result the uses of this kale side dish are endless. You could try it:
- As a side dish with any dinner or lunch
- Lunch bowls
- Lunch meal prep for work
- Inside sandwiches/wraps
- Topping soups
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!
Kale with Artichoke & Mustard
- 200 g kale (rough amount)
- 1 jar artichokes (roughly 300g)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Heat a wok on medium heat
- Drain the artichokes from the jar and add straight to the wok (they should still have excess oil on to help cook)
- Now add the kale and fry together for 5 minutes
- In a small mixing bowl add 1 tbsp dijon mustard and either 1 or 2 tbsp water depending on how strong you want it
- Pour into the kale, mix in and fry for a further 2 mins
- Serve topped with sesame seeds (optional)
Want more recipes that use Kale? Try my popular Sweet Potato & Black Bean Stew