Making your own nut milk is really simple, taking only a few minutes to create and can be easily adapted to what you fancy having inside! It’s great fun experimenting with different superfoods to make your own amazing homemade nut milk.
These nut milks are so versatile and can be used in smoothies, porridge, overnight oats, coffee, hot chocolate etc
For example you can swap the almonds for cashews, the maca for cacao powder, the maple syrup for dates. The list goes on 🙂
In general with most nuts, it’s 1 part nuts to 4 parts water!
You will need a high powered blender and a nut milk bag for this!
Portion: 1 litre
Prep: 5-10 mins
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Maca powder (I use Indigo-herbs)
- Start off by soaking the almonds overnight in filtered water (Soak for a minimum of 4 hours to get the best results)
- Now place the almonds, water, salt into a blender and blitz for a couple minutes
- Pour the mix through a nut milk bag into a bowl, shown below (I use this one)
- Place the liquid back into the blender adding the Maca powder and maple syrup (depending how sweet you want it, I add 1 tbls) and blend again for roughly 1 minute
- It’s ready to serve
Tip: Store in the fridge in an airtight glass container (use within 3-4 days). Stir before each use!
Creating this nut milk? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW.