One of my passions when cooking is to help you reduce food waste in the kitchen.
This is a sponsored blog post with LG.
So, when LG got in touch about their Sustainable Living campaign I just had to get involved.
I have LG’s Door Cooling Fridge/Freezer in Matte Black which is the perfect addition to my new kitchen, as shown below!
Here are a few “cool” (sorry I had to do it!) facts about this LG fridge/freezer:
- Market leading energy efficiency. It is one of the only A-rated refrigerators in the UK- which means it can save you money on energy bills.
- The Inverter Linear Compressor comes with Market First 20-year Warranty, it is one of the most durable refrigerators you will find in the market.
- Door Cooling & Freshness: Entire fridge is cooled up to 32% faster which keeps food fresher for longer which is essential for trying to reduce your food waste!
- 2 big drawers with FRESH balancer technology which can be set for meat, fish, fruit or veg. This changes the humidity within those drawers to help fresh produce last even longer.
I know a lot of us struggle to eat through our veg and much of it ends up being wasted and thrown in the bin.
So, to help you better use up the leftover veg in your fridge, I put out a poll on my Instagram Stories to see which veg you waste the most.
The two most common veg that ended up wasted were:
I created a really easy summery Homemade Coleslaw that is perfect for sharing at BBQ’s or even as a simple salad for lunch.
I created a recipe video showing you exactly how I make it right here:
Easy Homemade Coleslaw
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ sweet heart cabbage (or white cabbage)
- 2 carrots
- handful parsley
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (I used vegan)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch salt & pepper
- Firstly thinly slice the cabbages into thin ribbons
- Place into a large mixing bowl, grate in the carrot and add chopped parsley and set to the side
- To a new small mixing bowl add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper and mix into a smooth sauce
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly with your hands until well combined
- That's it! Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days