This Chickpea flour pizza base is extremely tasty, simple and naturally gluten free. It doesn’t just taste great but it really looks the part as well. It can also be made vegan by choosing your own toppings to suit.
Want to watch how easy this is to make? Click here: Pizza Recipe Video
Makes 2 pizza’s
Cooking time: 20 minutes
The base is: GF,DF,VG,V,RSF
Ingredients for the base:
- 200g chickpea flour
- 1 1/4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- teaspoon of coconut oil
I know everyone has their own favourite toppings for a pizza so below is an optional list of ingredients which is my personal favourite.
- Tomato puree
- Vegan Cheese (I use Vio Life)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Parma ham (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Now make the pizza batter, mixing the chickpea flour with water and salt in a large bowl
- Meanwhile heat a large frying pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once this is smoking hot pour a thin layer and evenly spread the batter across the pan (similar to a pancake).
- Fry each side until lightly browned which should roughly be 2-3 minutes each side (be careful when turning as it can break easily).
- Now place on a pizza baking tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Now you have a pizza base you can go ahead and add all the toping you wish and allow to cook for another 10 minutes in the oven
My favourite recipe is a thin layer of tomato puree, followed by a light layer of basil passata spread evenly. I then grate some vio life vegan cheese to cover along with thinly sliced plum tomatoes. I finish this off with parma ham and place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Just before serving I add the fresh rocket and a pinch of oregano spread roughly on top and its ready serve.
Need some more topping inspiration? Then check out this “Ultimate Vegan Avocado Pesto Pizza” recipe!
TIP: It can take a few goes at the base to get it right. Just stick with it and keep trying it and I promise it will turn into your go to pizza base!
Creating this pizza? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW .