These Chocolate Cheesecake Squares are a little piece of heaven in each bite! They are really simple to make and don’t use that many ingredients.
They are absolutely perfect for sharing with family or friends and if you have kids they will really enjoy making these!
Best of all they are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
You will need a food processor for this recipe!
Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
Ingredients for base:
- 200 g almonds
- 100 g pitted dates
- 2 tbsp water
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
- 200 g cashews soaked for 30 minutes in hot water
- 100 g coconut fat top part in a can of coconut milk roughly 6 tbsp
- 9 tbsp coconut water from the bottom of the can of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 6 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 40 g cacao powder
- I used a 9 inch square cheesecake tin, you can try with others if you wish for a different shape
- Soak the cashews for 30 minutes in hot water
- First make the base by adding the almonds and dates into the food processor and blend into crumbs, then add the water and blitz again to make it sticky
- Place a sheet of baking paper inside the tin then place the nut mix into the bottom and press down until evenly spread
- Drain the soaked cashews and add to a high powered processor or a large cup blender along with the lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut fat, coconut water and blend until very smooth (this can take up to 5 minutes, make sure to press the leftover bits on the side down to make the whole mix smooth)
- Now Pour the mixture on top of the base making sure to smooth over the top
- Add to the freezer for 2-3 hours (you are looking for the cheesecake layer to be firm)
- Just before the 2-3 hours is up make the chocolate sauce topping by adding the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to a Bain Marie and slowly stir in the cacao powder
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer, gently pour over the chocolate mix and place back in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Simply slice it up and its ready to serve
Fancy a traditional cheesecake instead? Check out my Blueberry Cheesecake
Creating these cheesecake squares? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @healthylivingjames Facebook @healthylivingjames or Twitter @healthylivingJW so I can see what you create! Want to save it for later then pin it on Pinterest @healthylivingJW
On Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it at another time!