This is a mega tasty, simple and healthy lunch for two.
Prep: 3 mins
Cooking: 15-20 mins
- 1-2 Chicken breasts
- 4-6 pieces of smoked streaky bacon
- 1 Bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium size tomatoes cut into quarters or about 8 plum tomatoes cut in half
- 2 roasted red peppers (optional) I use good quality jarred ones
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive oil/hemp oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Oregano (optional)
First off start by cutting the chicken into long strips and season with olive oil, salt, pepper and finish by sprinkling oregano (optional) then place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees.
Whilst the chicken is cooking place all the salad ingredients into a mixing bowl and dress with olive oil/hemp oil, salt and pepper and mix gently.
When there is only a couple minutes left on the chicken start slicing the bacon into small pieces and lightly fry for 2 minutes until crispy and mix into the salad.
Once the chicken is ready place on top of the salad and finish with a drizzle more oil along with a sprinkle of oregano and its ready to serve.
Tip: Leave the bacon out to make it even healthier, i just prefer the crunchy texture it adds to the salad.